AN ANTHEM FOR OUR CLIMATE EMERGENCY
Here are the parts we have imagined so far: 1) Brass Ensemble - Chopin's Funeral March (15.5 seconds)
2) Children's Choir - Variation of "We are the World"
3) Nature Sounds - Wind, Fire, Waves (~15 seconds)
4) Hiphop music inspired by Greta Thunberg's UN talk
by various artists in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese,
Mardarin, English (~60 seconds)
5) Children's Choir Reprise (~25 seconds)
6) Hiphop artists sing "Now is the Time"
excerpts in translation (~45 seconds)
7) Nature Sounds Reprise (~15) seconds
8) Brass Ensemble - Thus Spoke Zarathustra Variation
9) Children's Choir Reprise (~15 seconds)
Total: ~4 minutes, 20.5 seconds
1) & 2) The contrast between the funeral march and the children's choir is meant to bring out the perverse nature of the climate emergency, with children left to pay the price of adults' greed and lack of foresight.
4) Reports from the recent Climate Conference in Madrid tell us that together with the USA - the governments of Australia, Brazil, and Saudi Arabia were the big foot-draggers, unwilling to step up funding to help poorer countries cope with the droughts and hurricanes and floods they are experiencing. For that reason, we want to sing in the languages of Brazil and Saudi Arabia. China, with its 1.2 billion people is a potential game-changer, so we will include Mandarin. We are seeking hiphop artists who can perform in each of these languages. A transcript of Greta Thunberg's UN talk is here: https://www.npr.org/2019/09/23/763452863/transcript-greta-thunbergs-speech-at-the-u-n-climate-action-summit
6) "Now is the Time" has been translated into Mandarin. We will need Brazilian Portuguese and Arabic translations.
What we still need: 1) Children's Choir
3) Arabic, English, and Mandarin-speaking hiphop artists
4) music arranger/producer
5) funding for music studio
The members of a brass ensemble have said they will record by the end of this month. A children's choir director has said she is "very interested" in our project. We also have Brazilian-Portuguese artist who has agree to do the hip hop part in her language. And a producer has been recommended to us. If you know anyone who you feel could make a contribution, kindly tell them about our project and have them contact me. Once we are further along, we can talk about raising money to pay for studio time.
Thank you. Please share the word.